So you have decided to go out to eat. Well here is 10 simple tips to remember that will make your meal much more enjoyable for everyone including your server.
10. It doesn't matter where you sit in the restaurant. You can eat the same foods that the couple sitting next to the bathroom can, or the family next to the ice cream machine. Just sit the hell down already!
9. When your server asks if you need anything(more to drink,clean plate,bib,etc.)don't look at them like some mute or like they have spoke in a alien language. ANSWER them or you might be thirsty for a long time.
8. If you notice you server is quite busy and it may be a while before they get to your table. Don't guzzle your drink. And when they finally get to you, see number 9.
7. When the cashier tells you something like put your receipt on the table for your server, LISTEN! Don't do what you want and then get mad cause you have to stop eating to take it back out of your pocket. LISTEN!
6. Don't start the conversation off by demanding something from your server. If you want coffee we will get it for you, just don't be a bitch about it.
5. If you have a Pepsi to drink and we offer a refill and you insist you have a Coke even after we tell you there is no Coke. Shut up and think about it. Your WRONG!
4. If there is more than two people in your party, leave more than a few dollars. Waiting on a table of eight adults and then getting three dollars is an insult. If the service was bad then it's understandable, however if the service was great, don't be a cheap ass! We live off our tips. THINK ABOUT IT!
3. If you have children, CONTROL THEM!!! This is not a zoo/playground/chuckie cheese/your house. This is a restaurant. Who will be to blame when your little darling nails somebody with a cup full of steaming coffee and burns their face off because you was shoving another chicken leg down your throat. You will!!!
2. Don't leave the table looking like a bomb went off at it. There is no need for you to use 47 napkins,15 straws and 68 plates.
1. Finally if you decide you are going to stiff your server, even though they worked their ass off for you. At least have the dignity to walk out when they are looking. Don't take the coward way out and run out the door while your server is in the back or out of eye contact. We will remember you!!!